Rules and Conditions of Entry
1. The competition is open to the public, including members of Royal College of Nursing (RCN) and The Royal Photographic Society (RPS), [the Organisers] resident or working in the United Kingdom.
2. Images may only be uploaded to the competition website www.rcn100photo.org.uk . Images taken using non-digital techniques should be scanned and uploaded.
3. No entry fee is payable.
4. The subject should show the UK nursing environment. That is nursing staff (eg nurses, health care assistants, assistant practitioners) and/or midwives working in any of the variety of places they carry out their roles. This could be in a hospital ward, a rural community, an industrial setting etc. The aim is to show the diversity of the nursing profession.
5. Photographers may enter up to 4 individual digital images
6. Images must be the work of the entrant only
7. Images may include minor digital adjustments such as cropping, contrast, colour correction, otherwise the content should reflect reality.
8. Digital files must not have the author's name in the title. If they do, they may be rejected
9. The Organisers reserve the right to reject any entry/image at their discretion. They may require the photographer to provide the original image.
10. The Organisers may exclude any images which, in their opinion, are likely to cause offence
11. Entrants whose images are selected for the exhibition will be required to provide a high resolution file suitable for printing from within a reasonable period of time. Failure to do so may result in the images being excluded from the exhibition.
12. The competition will close for judging at midnight GMT on 29 February 2016
13. The selectors will choose the exhibition anonymously
14. Each selector will make a shortlist from all of the digital entries
15. The selectors will choose approximately 50 images for the exhibition
16. There will be 5 winners: 1 x Gold, 1 x Silver, 1 x Bronze, 1 x Under 15 Gold and 1 x People’s choice.
17. No individual assessments are available and the selectors’ decision is final
18. The Organisers reserve the right to withdraw a selected image if the image file quality is insufficient to produce an exhibition print
19. The shortlisted images will be displayed on the competition site shortly after the judging dates. The final selection of 50 images will be available on the Organisers’ website from June 2016
20. The 50 selected prints will become part of a touring exhibition.
21. Gold award – £1,000
22. Silver award – £500
23. Bronze award - £250
24. 15 years and under award - £1,000
25. People’s choice award - £500
26. The Organisers may hold and process all personal information which is supplied, in relation to the RCN/The RPS or the competition/exhibition
27. The Organisers will not pass on email addresses or personal data to any third party
28. By entering the competition, you are agreeable to receiving emails from the Organisers.
Copyright and Reproduction
29. The original image/s must have been taken using a digital or traditional photographic process
30. The images entered into the competition must not infringe any copyright or other intellectual property right of any third party
31. Entrants must obtain permission of their subjects and entrants who are short-listed must be able to provide a model release giving the permission of the subjects for images to be exhibited and published. A standard release form is available here: http://www.rps.org/news/2015/may/rps-launches-model-release-form
32. If the copyright of or other intellectual property rights of any third party have been infringed, then the entrant will indemnify Organisers in respect of any third party claims
33. The copyright of all entries remains with the photographer
34. The photographer will be credited if the image is used by the Organisers
35. The Organisers reserve the right to reproduce, without payment, any images for publicity and promotion purposes in connection with the competition and the RCN or RPS activities, including, but not limited to, their publications and website and those of the sponsor.
36. The RCN will retain copies of all the entries in the RCN archive and may exhibit or publish them.
Acceptance of Rules and Conditions of Entry
37. Submission of any entry implies acceptance of the Rules and Conditions of Entry